ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support) Provider
Brampton First Aid CPR will be providing ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support) Provider provided by Heart & Stroke Foundation.
Course Description: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) is an advanced, instructor-led classroom course that highlights the importance of team management of a cardiac arrest, team dynamics and communication, systems of care, and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care. Specific skills in airway management and related pharmacology are also featured. Skills are taught through discussion and group learning, while testing stations offer case-based scenarios using simulators.
Our ACLS Provider course will help you to develop skills – as a member of a healthcare team – in simulated situations that mirror real-life cardiac-related emergencies in your work life. These simulations will involve high-quality CPR, high-performance team dynamics and communication, systems of care, and recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes. You will be able to reinforce concepts, undertake skills practice, receive coaching and correction, and refine your abilities before final testing.
- Current Heart & Stroke Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Certificate; and
- ACLS Precourse Self-Assessment Certificate (passing score = 70%)
- Please note, that you must ensure you meet all the pre-requisites prior to registering for the course. The BLS Certification must be from the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider Manual: RE5610E (print or ebook); and
- 2020 Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers: RE0130E (Print Only)
Traditional Learning: 14 hrs in a classroom setting
Blended Learning: Mix of self-paced, online learning and 10 hrs in a classroom setting
ACLS Provider Certificate: Valid for 2 years